Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chapters 4 and 5 Summary

Chapter 4 dealt with Ronson learning what the psychopath test was. He was trying to get in contact with a famous psychologist who told him if that he could come to one of his workshops and meet him there. Provided that he pay for the workshop itself. The psychologist presented people with traits that people expressed that would define them as a psychopath ie: feeling no remorse and being manipulative. Ronson was intrigued by the test and set out to try it for himself. In chapter 5 Ronson met with an war criminal, Toto, living in the U.S. and found that he displayed much of the traits that were listed in the psychopath test, thus reinforcing the validity of the test itself.

I was very intrigued by the psychopath test and found myself wondering if I was a psychopath as well. But, I was relieved to learn that I wasn't when the one of the doctors in the book made a comment to the reader that if they were questioning where they were a psychopath or not, then it means that you are no. Boy was I worried! I thought it was pretty hilarious to read that an ex war criminal who had committed countless number of crimes were forced to stay at home with their mother in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment